• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

They don't want us to know

Free episodes:

Drunk with Blood

God's Killings in the Bible

Whatever your religious beliefs might be, you've probably heard of a few of the stories that are told in Drunk With Blood. Noah's Flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, David and Goliath, maybe. But there are more than 100 others that are unknown to pretty much everyone, believer and nonbeliever alike. All of these stories have one thing in common: they are about God's killings in the Bible.
Did you know, for example, that God:

• Forced friends and family to kill each other for dancing naked around Aaron's golden calf?
  • Burned Aaron's sons to death for offering him strange fire?
  • Burned complainers to death, forced the survivors to eat quail until it literally came out their noses, sent "fiery serpents" to bite people for complaining about the lack of food and water, and killed 14,700 for complaining about his killings?
  • Buried alive those that opposed Moses (along with their families)?
  • Burned 250 men to death for burning incense?
  • Rewarded Phinehas for throwing a spear though the bellies of an inter-tribal couple while they were having sex?
  • Ordered, assisted in, or approved of dozens of complete genocides?
  • Accepted human sacrifice in the cases of Jephthah's daughter and Saul's seven sons?
  • Helped Samson murder thirty men for their clothes, slaughter 1000 with the jawbone of an ass, and kill 3000 civilians in a a suicide terrorist attack?
  • Smote the Philistines of several cities with hemorrhoids in their secret parts?
  • Killed a man for trying to keep the ark of the covenant from falling and 50,070 for looking into the ark?
  • Approved when David bought his first wife with 200 Philistine foreskins?
  • Killed King Saul for not killing every Amalekite as he told him to do?
  • Slowly killed a baby to punish King David for committing adultery?
  • Killed 70,000 because David had a census that he (or Satan) told him to do?
  • Sent a lion to kill a prophet for believing another prophet's lie, another lion to kill a man for not smiting a prophet, and some more lions to kill people that didn't fear him enough?
  • Killed 450 religious leaders who lost a prayer contest with Elijah and burned 102 men to death for asking Elijah to come down from his hill?
  • Sent two bears to rip apart 42 boys for making fun of Elisha's bald head?
  • Killed 27,000 Syrians by having a wall fall on them, sent an angel to kill 185,000 sleeping soldiers, interfered in human battles to kill a half million Israelite and a million Ethiopian soldiers?
  • Killed King Ahab for not killing a captured king, and then sent King Jehu on a series of mass murders to kill all of Ahab's family and friends who had ever "pissed against a wall?"
  • Killed Jehoram by making his bowels fall out?
  • Killed Job's ten children in a bet with Satan?
  • Killed Ezekiel's wife and told him not to mourn her?
  • Killed Ananias and Sapphira for not giving Peter all their money?
  • Killed King Herod by feeding him to worms?
All of these killings, and more, are found in the Bible, and the God of the Bible is proud of each one.
Here is what he says about them.
I kill ... I wound ...
I will make my arrows
drunk with blood,
and my sword shall devour flesh.
—Deuteronomy 32.39-42

These stories fill the pages of the Bible, yet they are seldom read in church and are completely ignored by most Bible believers. Drunk with Blood brings them out into the open for all to see. It's time for us all to take a look.

Drunk With Blood, God's killings in the Bible

Funny isnt it you recognise the EVIL of hitler (and he was) but when presented with the exact same evidence, the exact same. The killing, often in cruel and painful manner of humans...... God gets a free pass.

That makes no logical sense. These deeds are evil, regardless of their authors.

Ok guys.. this is from a personal stand point.

Today my sister lost both her daughters and is being referred to a mental institution thanks to her new found faith in god.

Yes due to that specifically.

She is so on fire for the lord that she has visions and what not, has changed her name to Faithful Profit (I kid you not) and has stopped working so she can work more for what she sees as her mission for god.

She is in fact mentally ill and needs help (there are other factors involved that I will not talk about but they are related to the religion).

The Church she is with far from seeing the downward spiral she is in mentally have been actively encouraging her and have made matters worse.

She went back to religion when she went through her marriage break up and had a break down. All it has done for her is feed her fantasy and make her worse.

This maybe an extreme case but it is not the only one out there...

I have had to sit and watch my sister who I love very much ruin her life with little or nothing I could do to stop it. It was her faith and you are not allowed to question that up until the person comes to bits completely...

No more religion debates for me here as I do not think I can keep it civil myself.

Yeah it all boiled over today... and frankly the last word I ever want to hear again is GOD.

Peace all I am now going to go and try and pick up the pieces.

Very sorry to hear that mate, ive seen the same myself, its very sad.
Hopefully the daugters will have a chance to avoid the same fate.

Trainedobserver, doesn't this statement imply the same level of "myth" on the part of materialistic interpretations of the fossil record? In other words, you are implying that there is the "real" rational world, and then there is that "mythical" "made up" world of spirit.

I saying that there is no tangible evidence that these beings exist. Where does the information about these beings come from? From the imagination of human beings or from something that can be examined outside a story communicated through language or symbols?

I don't know about goalposts. I am simply looking for significant facts around UFOs, not an argument. The historical data that the PTB had was for me, not significant. I understand you find it significant from the perspective that the PTB has knowledge you do not. For me, the fact that the PTB has knowledge is not an issue at all, but I can't elaborate on why.

Now I understand I stumbled into this topic on this forum. I come from such a different world that it was hard to find the right question to ask, so I started with the PTB one. So if I were to ask the right question, it would be, "What is the absolute best, most scientifically credible UFO event and related documentation?" I have a feeling you have just answered this question with the latest post, but let me be thorough, does this post contain the "state of the art" of current UFO knowledge, in your opinion? Second, what types of data would capture UFO phenomena? I previously listed: electromagnetic spectrum, imaging, thermal, radar (which is really just part of the electromagnetic spectrum). Third, are there any "insider" leaks that contain data in the category of the previous sentence? Now I don't mean civilian imaging, but DOD imaging? Even more interesting would be electromagnetic spectrum data. I have no idea how technical people are on this forum, but data related to PRF, PRI or doppler. For example, has anyone captured a pulse signal signature that is unknown by our electronics or demonstrates a rate of speed well beyond current aircraft capabilities?

Finally, I understand you are well informed on the UFO topic. I have not read Blum's book or any other book on UFOs, but reading a review of the book it appeared to me that what he uncovered was simply the fact that the PTB had a classified program looking for such phenomena, and that there was some sort of disinformation campaign on the program and/or related phenomena. I don't mean to be dismissive, but that is not really much help other than satisfying conspiracy theorists. It is entirely logical, even expected that the PTB would have some resources looking into any abnormal phenomena or events, from a national security standpoint. It doesn't mean they actually found anything significant. Of course the PTB would obscure any classified program, but that is no indication of important findings.

Regarding this statement, "You point out yourself that the PTB have incredibly sophisticated monitoring capabilities, which is true, but the exact specifications and the data they acquire are kept secret from the general public. Why?" - Because our enemies would love this information. Anyone who discloses such information goes straight to jail with no "get out of jail card", as they should.
“I have not read Blum's book or any other book on UFOs"

This may be of some resource. Jacques Vallee’s trilogy, consisting of “Confrontations”, “Dimensions”, and “Revelations”. Also “Forbidden Science”, vol. II

"What is the absolute best, most scientifically credible UFO event and related documentation?"

The single best case known may very well be the research conducted in Brazil, on the island of Colares. There were over fifty military researchers camped on that island for an extended period of time. The flight path had been restricted over the island for a considerable period. I believe three months. There are images to be viewed via the net. You may find the account interesting.

Colares UFO flap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry to hear about your sister stoneheart. In light of what has happened I can see why you feel the way you do. I don't know the whole story here but I'm not so sure if it were me I would be blaming God for it . If you decide to do that it's up to you.

Plenty of people have needed help and their religion wasn't to blame. Just sayin'

My grandmother had some problems actually quite serious problems. Schizophrenia brought on by her mental makeup and medications she was on or had taken.Of course having 13 children would drive anyone nuts.She was Christian but I never once thought that her affiliation with Christianity had any direct bearing on her condition. I remember one time she took me to the grocery store when I was about 8 years old. She had gone there to get the ingredients for peanut brittle. She bought an entire cart full of peanut oil....another time she had gone missing and they found her up a telephone pole.Sad, really sad.

Mike you completely circumvented my points on God and death. I am now convinced that this is a circular argument like someone else has said. I made my point at least twice. It is where I stand and thats that.
God isn't the cruel being you make Him out to be. I'll try and make a crude comparison. A loving husband has a good family and is a soldier. He is the kindest guy you would ever meet, but if you happen to be in his sights as the enemy he will shoot you. Would you say he is a bad guy? He is fulfilling his duty as a soldier and he is fullfilling his duty as a loving father too. I don't think you will see my point so I'm calling it quits from this thread. I'm not here to fight over it. I'm not running away from the debate, but my point is and has been made for some time now.

you are correct because your "God" does not exist.

That is the point that often gets lost in all of this. Fantasy characters are not beings. Talking about fantasy characters as though they were real doesn't make them so nor is anyone else under the obligation to "respect the fantasy" just because someone has dressed it up and called it something different.

God isn't the cruel being you make Him out to be. I'll try and make a crude comparison. A loving husband has a good family and is a soldier. He is the kindest guy you would ever meet, but if you happen to be in his sights as the enemy he will shoot you. Would you say he is a bad guy? He is fulfilling his duty as a soldier and he is fullfilling his duty as a loving father too

Up to that point, by modern standards many would say you are correct, but lets properly expand the comparison.

This soldier doing a sweep of a capture point comes across a mother clinging to her 6 month old baby, and holding the hands of her 6 year old daughter.
The soldier captures the mother, then before her eyes shoots the 6 year old who cowers in the corner hands over head, then before the mothers eyes, grabs the baby by its legs and swings it up and dashes its head against the ground, killing it. then he rapes and shoots his captive.

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

You are the one missing the point, you are the one trying to circumvent with excuses for god, the very points i raise about him.

What we read above is INEXCUSABLE, and yet you keep trying to make excuses for the atrocitys your god clearly commanded in Isaiah 13:15

Again i find it very disturbing any modern human could fail to recognise the undeniable evil in this command, and instead try and make excuses for and thus justify it.

I cant help pondering the what if's.
What if you were there at that time, and god had commanded YOU to rape and murder captives, commanded you to have no mercy on helpless babies and no compassion for children.
Would YOU have obeyed your gods command ?

Thats what disturbs me about your lot, Its the ability to ignore what you should know is wrong and simply obey "gods" commands no matter how evil those commands are.

Thats the same rationale we see with islamic suicide bombers today.

god seems to enjoy the killing babies. it is mentioned quite often in the bible.

Yes he does, and it raises an interesting point, what possible sin could a helpless baby commit that would warrant such a punishment as being dashed to death and then spend an eternity in burning torment.

Of course the actions could be to punish the parent for their sins, but then we have a system where you can be sin free yourself, and still suffer gods wrath because of someone elses sin.

I agree god is imaginary

My concern is people using this imaginary entity to justify atrocitys.

Killing in his name
Hating in his name (ie homosexuals)

I'll ask the question again, because its important. especially in the context of the alleged blue beam project.

Had you been there in those ancient days when god commanded the destruction of babylon, would you have obeyed his commands to kill babies and children ?

If the sky opened up tomorrow and an image of the bearded one and jesus spake unto you that the descendants of Canaan were an affront unto HIM, and that you should go forth and kill all black people show no mercy on their babies and children ?
Or that since jews rejected jesus, you should go forth and do unto them as commanded

Would you do it, would you obey god and commit these atrocitys as commanded ?

If Jesus appeared in the sky and commanded you to kill your brother/father/child

“Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace on earth! No, rather a sword lf you love your father, mother, sister, brother, more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. Matthew 10:34
Families will be torn apart because of Jesus. “Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." Matthew 10:21

Would you obey the command ?

I saying that there is no tangible evidence that these beings exist. Where does the information about these beings come from? From the imagination of human beings or from something that can be examined outside a story communicated through language or symbols?
I understand, but my point still stands. If we take all of the phenomena available to us as human beings, then there is certainly nothing that precludes a metaphysical set of forces, or even beings. And if you limit your area of consideration to the physical, there are things that become as hard to explain as fairies are for those who believe in the metaphysical. In other words, materialistic researchers create fantasies to explain what they can not explain otherwise.

So when I hear materialists pejoratively say, "how are you going to prove your fairies existence", I ask them to start with their own fantastic beliefs. Examine the absurdity of belief in natural selection without any guiding hand! It is pure fantasy and has no evidence. There is evidence of progressive forms, but no evidence of mutations/selection being the cause of the progressive forms. Now I don't have time to debate evolution theory, so I'm not offering that is the next topic, but the point is that we all have hard things to explain. We can all point to explanations that only exist in human beings imaginations including a materialists imagination. - Now I am also not saying that there is no other evidence of the metaphysical other than "imagination". I am starting from a more basic point, and simply pointing out that a materialistic observer has the same hurdles if not more so than the metaphysical observer. Start by examining your own fairies! :-)

you are correct because your "God" does not exist.
And you know this because you are God, or because you are all-knowing? - You don't know if God exists or not, because you don't know anything other than material existence. The most you can say is that you do not know if God exists. From a purely thinking perspective, this is easily provable. God is outside your own definition of the answerable space, in math this is called the "domain". If your consciousness is limited to the material world, then you don't know what is outside the material world.

I'll ask the question again, because its important. especially in the context of the alleged blue beam project.

Had you been there in those ancient days when god commanded the destruction of babylon, would you have obeyed his commands to kill babies and children ?

If the sky opened up tomorrow and an image of the bearded one and jesus spake unto you that the descendants of Canaan were an affront unto HIM, and that you should go forth and kill all black people show no mercy on their babies and children ?
Or that since jews rejected jesus, you should go forth and do unto them as commanded

Would you do it, would you obey god and commit these atrocitys as commanded ?

If Jesus appeared in the sky and commanded you to kill your brother/father/child

Would you obey the command ?
I have avoided this topic because it is filled with preconceptions and errors. If you don't believe in God in the first place, then what makes you think you understand or can interpret the Bible for us? The Bible represents thousands of years of human consciousness. That consciousness has evolved over those thousands of years. I don't interpret the Bible literally, but conceptually. There have been thousands of years where human beings have done unspeakable things to each other. It is human action, not God, that should be feared.

Now lets take a specific case of Noah's flood, or even natural disasters where human beings have no involvement. How can you speak with confidence on the broader importance of these events when you only believe in a material world? From a metaphysical perspective there is life and death as part of a continuum. Taken together with the concept of reincarnation you find that dying is part of the next process of incarnation.

The question of why we are mortal is certainly reasonable, and painful, but human beings are far more violent than anything I see in the Bible. In the New Testament, there is almost zero mention of a vengeful spiritual world. There are incredible descriptions of war, the ultimate being the "War of All against All", but that is what human beings will do to each other. There are also descriptions of spiritual processes, namely "plagues" that are not physical at all. But here we will simply part ways because you will believe in your literal interpretation of the Bible.

Would it be fair to say that whatever mankind has imagined and then created, were born in the mind of the idealist? As it seems that even though materialist science has ended up with the great discoveries, they had to have at some point passed through the mind of the idealist.

Ancientsaturn, the bible was written by man not god. man created god not the other way around. if a whale, dolphin, chimpanzee, cuttlefish or other such intelligent creature worshipped god then you might be on to something.

I have avoided this topic because it is filled with preconceptions and errors. If you don't believe in God in the first place, then what makes you think you understand or can interpret the Bible for us? The Bible represents thousands of years of human consciousness. That consciousness has evolved over those thousands of years. I don't interpret the Bible literally, but conceptually. There have been thousands of years where human beings have done unspeakable things to each other. It is human action, not God, that should be feared.

Now lets take a specific case of Noah's flood, or even natural disasters where human beings have no involvement. How can you speak with confidence on the broader importance of these events when you only believe in a material world? From a metaphysical perspective there is life and death as part of a continuum. Taken together with the concept of reincarnation you find that dying is part of the next process of incarnation.

The question of why we are mortal is certainly reasonable, and painful, but human beings are far more violent than anything I see in the Bible. In the New Testament, there is almost zero mention of a vengeful spiritual world. There are incredible descriptions of war, the ultimate being the "War of All against All", but that is what human beings will do to each other. There are also descriptions of spiritual processes, namely "plagues" that are not physical at all. But here we will simply part ways because you will believe in your literal interpretation of the Bible.

Another dodge, a fairly standard tactic when the tough questions get asked, deflect deflect deflect.

No one is arguing man isnt violent, and often evil.

Thats not the question

The question is does this god enitity "command" unspeakable acts

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)​

This is just one of any number of similiar attrocities commanded by god. this dialog is god speaking saying "I" will do these things

If a man were to capture a woman, rape her, kill her children and dash her "helpless babies" to the death, you KNOW thats evil right ?

So why is it OK when god commands it ?

Nor did you answer the question, if god commanded YOU to do these things, would you obey the command ?

Back