• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Turkey UFO Images

What was the Turkey UFO?

• Alien/Inter/Ultra/Extraterrestrial

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Secret Gov. Craft

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Misidentified Yacht/Boat Etc.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Computer Graphic Hoax

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Balloon, Prop, Model

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • A Turkey?

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Free episodes:

If these are real they are important to the field of ufology. From what I have read the camera that was being used had a 200x capability that could zoom using an electronic adapter. The moon is were the light is coming from. There is much more about this case to discuss but its important enough to start a thread on it.

Do you think Roger Leir is the kind of person to cook up such a big story or hoax and risk his entire lifes work into this field? If you trust Roger for playing it level and describing seeing this in person as an honest account (which I personally feel he is honest) then what else can you conclude that these objects are besides something signifigant

Oh, I find them interesting alright. But, I cant say for sure what they are. I'm like that poster in the X-Files; 'I Want to Believe'. Problem is, I haven't seen enough to totally believe. How's that for an answer?

I think people should view the videos of these images to help understand more about them. I am undecided but am leaning towards an anomaly within the camera.

The straight line across the bottom. It looks well defined almost as if the image was cropped there or the sighting of the camera has the image clipped,IOW are we seeing the whole image?

The definition across the top is not nearly as clear. It certainly looks like some kind of unknown airship. Were there numerous eyewitness accounts? Interesting.

Can you show a pic of the ship? I would like to see the ship and the features during daylight.

The videos showing the lights are what have me swinging the other way on this.

I thought it was interesting and did not think that Dr. Leir was making it up. Still awaiting clear definitive video and/or pics. You'd think that since they can take detailed shots of the moon surface from Earth, that better shots of UFO's would be available.

There are overlay pics showing a complete fit with the bridge of cruise ships, and the lights were spotted along the ship routes.

Add to that the zoom lens and unsteady tripod and I think it settles the case, I'm surprised the OP didn't include this pic:

0ffcf35657eb.png

When we've got a fit like that, I don't care if Leir said it was 70 degrees above the horizon or whatever, I think it's irrelevant. What Leir recognized as a UFO we recognize as a boat.

Imo. the original pictures are not UFO pictures, they are pictures of a ship at distance at night.

There are overlay pics showing a complete fit with the bridge of cruise ships, and the lights were spotted along the ship routes.

Add to that the zoom lens and unsteady tripod and I think it settles the case, I'm surprised the OP didn't include this pic:

0ffcf35657eb.png

When we've got a fit like that, I don't care if Leir said it was 70 degrees above the horizon or whatever, I think it's irrelevant. What Leir recognized as a UFO we recognize as a boat.

Imo. the original pictures are not UFO pictures, they are pictures of a ship at distance at night.

Great comparison and it's a really strong, plausible explanation.

0ffcf35657eb.png

Ryan, posted pictures that i see have many different dates and times The oldest one was 2007, the one here is 2009. The 2009 image is blurry also has this been associated with the case or something?

The object may be the result of a "Fata Morgana" or mirage as most of us know it. It is quite common on the ocean.
Fada_morgana_graphnn.JPG

Thanks for posting the pic of the ship jimi. It looks as if it really could be a ship. I'm still tending to agree with Geoshift here. However maybe it was a slightly different kind of ship.

Watch the vids and you see the object doing things that don't line up with a ship.Specifically the lights. The way the lights are blinking doesn't correspond to most luxury liners bridges.

I wish the overlay were not showing a lit up condition. I want to see if it shows the "buttons" along the perimeter. I can't determine this here. I have never seen an ocean liner with these buttons or bump outs on the perimeter.

You would also think that there would eventually be more of the ship seen than only the tip of the bridge. These ships don't generally stay in a stopped position all night.

Back