• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Turkey UFO Images

What was the Turkey UFO?

• Alien/Inter/Ultra/Extraterrestrial

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Secret Gov. Craft

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Misidentified Yacht/Boat Etc.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Computer Graphic Hoax

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Balloon, Prop, Model

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • A Turkey?

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Free episodes:

I think what's fairly obvious in all the Turkey UFO videos (i just watched a bunch of them) of this curved object that is emanating light with some diffusion around the edges of the top of the lights while the bottom of the object appears to be sliced away, as if someone used a matte on the video timeline and selected this specific part of the boat so that the illusion of a saucer shape is revealed. I was trying to understand why there is such a sliced line across so many of these videos on the bottom of the object with no diffusion, or continuous shape or symmetry, and then it dawned on me - a rather simple editing effect to create a garbage matte and exclude those unwanted elements that might reveal its true origins.

But more specifically, for me the obvious tells of the hoaxer is when we are cited all the different aspects of the tech used to capture the object, repeated occurrences that are taped multiple times over years, the stabilization of the video image to demonstrate how real a UFO it is, and above all the excessive argumentation to prove that it's really an Alien craft with real live aliens wandering around in it. All this staging and excess explanation of technical data, like Leir's website, is the "obscure the public with science" approach. Talbot uses it all over the BLT website and like Leir, makes "scientific" claims in the way that product advertising makes claims of high science. These are some of the clear guilty hoaxer techniques IMHO.

I think what's fairly obvious in all the Turkey UFO videos (i just watched a bunch of them) of this curved object that is emanating light with some diffusion around the edges of the top of the lights while the bottom of the object appears to be sliced away, as if someone used a matte on the video timeline and selected this specific part of the boat so that the illusion of a saucer shape is revealed. I was trying to understand why there is such a sliced line across so many of these videos on the bottom of the object with no diffusion, or continuous shape or symmetry, and then it dawned on me - a rather simple editing effect to create a garbage matte and exclude those unwanted elements that might reveal its true origins.
Dead on correct. Having experience in 3D animation and compositing, thats the first thing I noticed.

He would have been better off using this model
jv_cylon_1-sized.jpg

I have one of those

003-23.jpg

Mike, are those the original model kits? They're just awesome. I had all 4 Galactica kits back when they were released (1981?). Hung 'em from my bedroom ceiling.

Mike, are those the original model kits? They're just awesome. I had all 4 Galactica kits back when they were released (1981?). Hung 'em from my bedroom ceiling.

Yes these are original 1978 casts, i found a guy who has a few put aside from back then. i had to reprint the decal sheets though, 30 plus years old the originals were dodgy

I dunno what all the fuss is about. It's one of countless examples where someone captures images of some rather unremarkable lights way off in the distance at night and then promotes it as a UFO. Returning once again to ufology 101, vague lights off in the distance do not a UFO make. Consequently, the matterial that makes up this report is insufficient to make any determination. That's why I voted "Undecided".

You made the claim its a ship. You have to prove it.
I think there already is ample evidence presented that it is a consciously hoaxed event, taking a ship, matting it for some vids, shaking the camera for others. Each time perfectly reasonable statements are made regarding the numerous problematic aspects of this prolific series of fake videos from Maussan and protégés, you just post another set of videos and don't respond to critiques at all, forget the obvious sensationalism of Meier supporting $$$ seekers like Maussan and Leir. There's no reason to pretend these are scenes of alien life forms. You really need to disprove all the other statements before some frustrated paracast coastal dweller wastes time shooting a liner out at sea to complete their own fake vid for the silly moon phase folk.

Like the dog was somehow proof...this notion of imbuing creatures, who can not explain through language what they're on about, with extrasensory perception and the ability to sense ufo's in the distance is just silly. Repeatedly, whether it's Bigfoot around the corner, Cthulhu visiting Skinwalker or aliens going for a stroll through the park it's always the quiet, "fearful" dog that's in the know; consequently, proof. Maybe people just need to let those dogs get their sleep and bring on a more tangible proof.

I dunno what all the fuss is about. It's one of countless examples where someone captures images of some rather unremarkable lights way off in the distance at night and then promotes it as a UFO. Returning once again to ufology 101, vague lights off in the distance do not a UFO make. Consequently, the matterial that makes up this report is insufficient to make any determination. That's why I voted "Undecided".

So just out of curiosity, does that mean we don't bother trying to bring critical thinking to bear on these images, their sources, methodologies etc. and just leave it at 'undecided'? Doesn't that allow for Blake, Greer, Maussan and Co. to promote what they want and water down an already troubled field deluged with insincerity? That approach is what seems to have always created the 'curtain of laughter.' In the Turkey vids they are saying those are alien life forms on a ship we are looking at and IMHO that needs a more definite response lest we continue to drown in snake oil, no?

So just out of curiosity, does that mean we don't bother trying to bring critical thinking to bear on these images, their sources, methodologies etc. and just leave it at 'undecided'? Doesn't that allow for Blake, Greer, Maussan and Co. to promote what they want and water down an already troubled field deluged with insincerity? That approach is what seems to have always created the 'curtain of laughter.' In the Turkey vids they are saying those are alien life forms on a ship we are looking at and IMHO that needs a more definite response lest we continue to drown in snake oil, no?

Your point is 100% valid. My defense is that the poll was setup in such a manner that there was no other certain option. Had the question been, "What is the most likely explanation for the object the Turkey UFO report?" I would have selected, "Misidentified Yacht/Boat Etc." Unfortunately the question put the answers in the context of an absolute certainty, and although I would agree that the object in the report is probably a misidentified watercraft of some kind, I'm not 100% certain. To be 100% certain I would have needed to have been there, gotten into a boat, and driven it out there to see it for myself.

Just some info about our friend ufosdisclosed here.
6242.jpg

I found one actual forum thread about him here:
ufosdisclosed.com? - Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon - Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums

And then numerous ludicrous fake review sites explaining that ufodisclosed is an 'excellent product'. I love this one, from a 'reviewer':
www.ufosdisclosed.com Scam or Real? Reviews Honest

"If you want to solve your problems completely, and if you want to change your life forever, if you want to have a better life in the future, Ufos Disclosed is what you are looking for!"

"Comments:
I have never bought products on the internet before. I’m one of those people who has to physically inspect everything before I purchase it. I have had Ufos Disclosed for about a month now and it has been one of the best investments I’ve ever made! Thank you for doing such a good job! You are so great!"
:D

Or this one:
Ufos Disclosed Review – The Whistleblower (ufosdisclosed.com) Scam or Legit?
"Look at our deep honest fact of Ufos Disclosed Review .. to reveal an in-depth report about Ufos Disclosed by The Whistleblower to help visitors for choosing a right decision
We have report it to you to make sure that Ufos Disclosed is Definitely Not a Scam and also had Legitimate to decide it, It’s based on the product feature that The Whistleblower giving you 100% Money Back Guarantee within 60 days. So, what are you waiting for? Truthfully, make a purchase of this product would be Risk-Free…"
:cool:

Ohh, and most stupid of all, when you try exit the fake review pages, they send you straight to ufodisclosed.com. :rolleyes:

images

What's you point @Jimi H?

All you can put up is reviews from affiliates who have made low quality pages about our website to earn commission through our affiliate program. We can't stop everyone from posting reviews or anything about us. What you can't find on the internet is negative feedback about this product as we don't have any.

We treat our customers with respect and honor our risk free money back guarantee.

You're doing the same exact thing the other forums and review websites were doing.

Making a claim about a product without actually testing it for yourself and giving an honest review.
You much rather search for information on the internet and make public claims to discredit our product.

We weren't talking to you nor did we do research on you in an attempt to dig up scandals...

So what's the problem?

Back