• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

They don't want us to know

Free episodes:

Why would an omniscient, omnipresent.... omniblabla God need secretaries.

BULL$#!+

Well, I can think of two ... maybe three reasons ...

article-2193369-14AE6DDF000005DC-926_638x635.jpg

Last edited:
OK guys, I don't know any of you but what I read leads me to believe that you have great animosity toward the Bible for whatever reasons. I don't get the feeling that the right answers would be the right answers for you.

I do my best to research and read the Bible on my own accord. I have read the Bible through numerous times. I challenge you to ask God to reveal Himself to you with an open mind and an open heart.

In the examples of why the flood supposedly never happened,what I see are claims that are asking a question that may be unanswered but not prove something didn't happen. None of this is proof to me that something didn't happen. I see it more as an effort by a few scientists to advance an OPINION based on something they THINK is factual.

It is interesting that you would bring Noah into this discussion because the Bible says that Noah was ridculed and scoffed as well. Imagine having a boat you spent years to build nowhere near any water. You were given the dimensions of the boat by God Himself, but to any onlookers he was entertainment. It is a shame that these same people tried to get into the ark,but they were warned. The Bible clearly says that the last days will be like the days of Noah in the way that men act.

People will scoff right up until the end again.....2 PET.3:3

"First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires." NIV

1 TIM 4:1 "The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons."

The Bible is a book that is spiritually discerned- 1 COR 2:14 "The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."

1COR 1:18 "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

1Cor 1:25"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength."

Pixelsmith FWIW I am sorry to hear about your experiences with church.There are a lot of false "Christs" out there. People who claim to be representing Christ who are totally evil.The Bible says that in the last times these people will be everywhere.

Not sure where you are going with some of those scriptures. Dung is still used as a cooking fuel in certain parts of the world. The context of a scripture is very important. Kind of like a reporter who is selective in what they report, who leaves a lot of the story untold. Sometimes in looking at the Bible the context is pulled away.

The whole thing about the Bible as a spiritual book is that it needs to be spiritually discerned. The book is foolish to anyone who is devoid of the Spirit, or of His direction to its understanding. If you are open God is willing but if you are hardened and calloused to it you will not see it...simple as that.

ufology I am not getting the feeling that any of this discussion was opened up as any kind of constructive discourse. If a person doesn't agree then they don't agree. God met me on a personal level a long time ago. Until that happens to a person no amount of scientific information will help them. The person needs to desire that in order for it to happen.

...and no spilling your sperm on the ground or god will kill you.
"And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him. And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also." (Genesis 38:7-10)
thus ends the reading of the scriptures today.

To be fair, Onan was murdered for not getting his sister-in-law pregnant as he had been commanded.

ufology I am not getting the feeling that any of this discussion was opened up as any kind of constructive discourse. If a person doesn't agree then they don't agree. God met me on a personal level a long time ago. Until that happens to a person no amount of scientific information will help them. The person needs to desire that in order for it to happen.

Actually, you might be surprised to know that in my early twenties I had what you would call an archetypal religious experience where I believed that God had revealed himself to me, and I'm not talking about something subtle. I'm talking about a real life event like something you'd read in the Bible where the forest took on a glow and became silent and a voice came down from the mountain that permeated everything. Ironically, religious people are usually less inclined to believe that this event happened than non-religious people. Bible thumpers tend to think that only the Bible can reveal God and that I must be lying or it was the Devil or I was on drugs ( which I wasn't ), so they don't even want to know the story. So I'm not "scoffing" at your beliefs. Neither am I denying that your experience had the effect of cementing your belief in God. I've talked with many people who have had something or another happen that they attribute to God. My own experience certainly cemented my belief in the divine for some time. So who is to say that your experience and mine are really at odds? All I'm offering you is a way for you to see further than you do now, and like you say, a person needs the desire in order for it to happen, and they need to have the courage to ask questions like, "What does God need with a starship?"

Muadib - yes there was plenty to get stuck into there but really, come to me next time and I'll save us all some time -it's just a pile of steaming shite. (with a little mr hanky flair-twist on top)

Actually, you might be surprised to know that in my early twenties I had what you would call an archetypal religious experience where I believed that God had revealed himself to me, and I'm not talking about something subtle. I'm talking about a real life event like something you'd read in the Bible where the forest took on a glow and became silent and a voice came down from the mountain that permeated everything.

These experiences are not as uncommon as some might think. They are interpreted by the person experiencing the event depending upon the set, setting, and their cultural programming. They produce works of art, religions, and bad rock and roll songs. However, imagine this happening to you and you never having been front loaded with mythologies and pantheons. Do you think you would have initially interpreted it differently?

I'm curious as well, what was said?

ok... what did the voice (god) say to you?

Oh man ... here we go. I used to be taken half seriously, now I have to tell this story and the other half will think I'm nuts too. When it happened I had a similar reaction to McCoy's in that Star Trek clip I posted. I simply asked, "God?" and the reply was, "You could call me that." Needless to say that this was an incredibly overwhelming experience and, although I wouldn't come to understand the ambiguous nature of the answer for some time, like McCoy, I was so awestruck that I didn't think to ask for credentials. But I did ask, "So now that I know you are real, which religion do I follow?". I was fully anticipating that I'd probably have to start going to some church or another, but the reply was, to paraphrase as closely as I can, "You don't need to follow any religion. Follow that which is good wherever you may find it.". This made so much sense to me that I simply didn't question it, and although it seems like something that is really obvious, because of all our cultural baggage where God and religion is concerned, it came across to me as quite a revelation.There were some other exchanges as well, but it was primarily this revelation that set me on the path of questioning various facets of religion, human existence and what it must mean to be God. I wasn't given any grand mission to spread this news to the rest of the world, nor did I get any super powers ( darn it all ). So please don't think I'm trying to come across as some kind of prophet. If I could do it over again I think I'd definitely ask for super powers. Anyway, to this day, when people tell me about some experience they've had that makes them believe in God, I don't doubt that it's just as possible as any other phenomena I've experienced. One person I told my story to said that his father had had a similar experience and the natives said it was something called Gitche Manitou.

You're just as nuts as the rest of us here..I don't know if that is any comfort. ;)

I experienced two of such experiences, I like to call them epiphanies.. The first one was in early childhood (I was 5 or 6), shortly after one of my grandfathers died. Probably odd, but I felt compelled to ask to 'whatever' what the point of dieing is. Color me scared shitless for a year and learning in the process

The second one, I don't want to talk about, but it wasn't nearly that terrifying.

So god speaks english? I wonder when he learned that...
"Follow that which is good where ever you may find it"... I think chocolate milk is good and it makes people happy. I shall take, drink, chocolate milk, for it is good.

One person I told my story to said that his father had had a similar experience and the natives said it was something called Gitche Manitou.

You have to wonder why would the "Great Spirit", a god, or devious deceiving spirits would make the effort to appear to you in the forest like that? These things usually end with some assurance that the hearer is "chosen" and given a "message" to deliver to their compatriots. The message is invariably a variation of "Be nice to each other and don't make a mess where you eat." which just makes me wonder all the more why superior beings would find it necessary to state the obvious.

... I think chocolate milk is good and it makes people happy. I shall take, drink, chocolate milk, for it is good.

I belong to the sect of YooHoo. We know we are right because the sacred words, "Shake It!" appear right on the bottle. You chocolate milk people are no better than those foot washing semi-atheist Nestle Quik drinkers.

So god speaks english? I wonder when he learned that...
"Follow that which is good where ever you may find it"... I think chocolate milk is good and it makes people happy. I shall take, drink, chocolate milk, for it is good.

Actually I like chocolate milk, and since you mention it, now I want some, but I'm trying to keep my consumption of sugar low, so it's not quite as good for me as I might want it to be. But it's tempting me from the cooler down the road as I write this where they keep the temperature perfect, just a few degrees above freezing. It is sooo good. Will I be alble to resist the temptation or yeild to the evil chocolate milk? No wiat! I thought we agreed chocalte milk was good? Now I'm thoroughly confused. It's not quite so easy as it first seemed to tell if chocolate milk really is good or not ... is it?

Back